"Day Surgery Unit"

About: Kerang Hospital / Theatre

I have never been to this unit before and the service shown by the nurses there that I saw were fantastic. They made me feel instantly at ease with my procedure and couldn't be more pleasant.  They kept me informed, made sure I was comfortable. After my procedure, it was lovely to wake up to smiling faces and a caring attitude towards me.  I was taken for a shower and the only concern is there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. I believe I was the first to use this facility.

In every aspect, they showed concern, compassion and humour.  I can't recommend this unit strongly enough. Being there made my apprehension disappear.

Response from Robert Jarman, CEO, Kerang District Health 2 weeks ago
Robert Jarman
CEO,
Kerang District Health
Submitted on 19/11/2020 at 11:40

Many thanks for your positive feedback.

• betajr63 thinks this response is helpful
Response from Margaret Christian, Nursing Unit Manager, Operating Theatre, Kerang District Health 2 weeks ago
We have made a change
Margaret Christian
Nursing Unit Manager, Operating Theatre,
Kerang District Health
Submitted on 19/11/2020 at 11:55

Dear betajr63,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay at our day surgery unit. I am glad that you were made to feel at ease about your procedure. Our team in day surgery are very caring and thoughtful and strive to give excellent care. I think they are fantastic too.

As for your comment about the shower curtain, it had been an oversight as the shower had not been used before. Thank you for your observation and suggestion. I would like to let you know that a shower curtain was installed the next day. I hope you have recovered well. I will share your wonderful feedback to all my team. Thank you for sharing your story.

Kind regards,

Margaret Christian

• betajr63 thinks this response is helpful
Response from Kellie Byron-Gray, Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Services, Kerang District health 2 weeks ago
Kellie Byron-Gray
Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Services,
Kerang District health
Submitted on 19/11/2020 at 18:01

Dear betajr63,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. So pleased to hear that you had a really positive experience at KDH. Our staff are really wonderful and the care, expertise and excellent communication skills they display has obviously really resonated with you.

Consumer feedback is so very important to us and it is great that your feedback has already been actioned.

Warmest regards,