"Staff attention"

About: Collie Hospital

(as a carer),

Last week we visited Collie Hospital to see a specialist from Bunbury Hospital.

We had only just sat down and the doctor's phone rang and they said they had to take the call. The doctor left their desk but I could hear them laughing and I believe having a friendly conversation with someone and it didn't appear to be business.

The doctor came back to their desk and put their phone right beside them and started talking to us but they kept looking at their phone and I believe laughing at the text messages they were receiving.

Based on my observations, it was quite obvious that they were more interested in their phone than concentrating on discussing the issue that our appointment was about.

My partner was unaware of what was happening because of their medical conditions but I felt as though the doctor wasn't that interested in talking with us.

Response from Jodie Omodei, Acting Operations Manager - Inland, WACHS South West 6 days ago
Jodie Omodei
Acting Operations Manager - Inland,
WACHS South West
Submitted on 23/11/2020 at 16:55

Dear pilingsmx44,

I am very sorry to hear of the experience you had whilst seeing a visiting specialist at Collie Hospital. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality patient-centred care and it doesn’t appear that the experience you have had reflects our values.

Would you please be able to contact me on 0417 176 473 so that I can clarify who the specialist was and discuss the issues you have raised with them.

Regards