"Excellent care and support at Prince of Wales Hospital"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital / DB3N - Cardiology Ward Prince of Wales Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a service user),

One recent evening, I presented to the Prince of Wales ED with chest pain and a rapid heartbeat feeling poorly.

Once I was thru triage and on a bed being looked after by a very pleasant RN (Emma?).  She reassured me and I instantly felt at ease seen by registrar Gemma. She also was pleasant and reassured me. I felt safe and knew I was in safe hands.

From there I was admitted to 3 North where the quality of care was also excellent. I then had a procedure in the Eastern Heart Clinic; a long wait but great care given, yet again nothing was too much trouble for the staff caring for me in 3 North.

I say thank you for the excellent care and support; a high standard and such friendly kindness.

Response from Emma Devlin, Acting NUM CCU, Coronary Care Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital 3 months ago
Emma Devlin
Acting NUM CCU, Coronary Care Unit,
Prince of Wales Hospital
Submitted on 13/01/2021 at 14:15

Dear Falling off the perch,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Being admitted to hospital can be a challenging time, and it’s never much fun when you’re not feeling well and have long wait times for things to happen. I will be sure to pass on your thanks and appreciation to all the staff of our Emergency Department and 3 North, the Cardiology ward.

We aim to provide a high standard of care for all patients who attend our hospital, and I am pleased to hear you felt supported by our kind and friendly staff during your stay.

Warm Regards,