"Positive antenatal and birth experience"

About: Broome Health Campus / Maternity/Midwifery

We moved back to Broome towards the end of my pregnancy and so was engaged with the clinic at the hospital for all of my antenatal care.

Despite not having a consistent midwife like mother’s going through MGP, I felt like we were given the same consistent and thorough care throughout and I had no worries about potentially being supported through birth without knowing who my birthing team would be.

I birthed our baby recently and was cared for BEAUTIFULLY by Jasmine, who had only been at Broome Hospital for 2 weeks prior (although with loads of experience).

Our birth was extremely quick and Jasmine managed everything incredibly well. She is mother-baby focused and really listened to my best hopes for as minimal intervention as possible. She was super supportive, very capable and didn’t intervene unnecessarily - she essentially let us do our thing whilst consistently being there. She also had a lovely student Dr supporting her (Shivean) and that was managed really well.

OB Wyan needs a mention too - I had some concerns about induction and he spent time going through a plan with us that left me feeling very informed and supported. Turns out his plan worked in the end!

We also had wonderful post-care with special mention to Tracey and Yvonne. Thank you all for your consistently good care and attention that was non-intrusive and respectful.

Response from Manu John, Operations Manager, Broome Hospital last month
Manu John
Operations Manager,
Broome Hospital
Submitted on 17/03/2021 at 13:32

Dear airqf73,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Broome hospital, especially during what would be a very busy time with a newborn!

We were so pleased to read that your experience was a positive one and that you felt well supported by our midwifery team.

We are incredibly proud of our staff and the work they undertake daily with patients to achieve positive outcomes. It will provide us with great delight to share your wonderful feedback with all the team involved, in particular, Jasmine as specifically mentioned.

Once again, we are grateful for you sharing your experience with us and extend my congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your baby.

Kind regards,