"At all times I felt cared for"

About: Bunbury Hospital / Emergency Department

Recently, I was taken by car in the morning to Bunbury Regional Hospital ED after falling off my bike landing on the footpath, splitting my eyebrow and bruising.

The triage nurses attended to me almost immediately, professional and friendly. Within minutes I met Jerome, nurse practitioner and taken into ED.

I’m in my 80th year, given a thorough check, assessed, given 2 options for my split eyebrow, my decision was to have stitches.

Jerome consulted the Duty Doctor and it was suggested I have a CT scan of my head to ascertain if any bleeding on the brain, also an X-ray of my tender elbow. I agreed to both, as well as a tetanus shot.

All these procedures were clearly explained to me for my consent or not, and came back negative.

Pain relief was offered by the Triage nurse which I took.

At all times I felt cared for and consulted.

Many thanks to all those who attended to me.

Well done, Team.

Response from Amber Hargans, Nurse Unit Manager, Bunbury Critical Care Directorate, WACHS South West last month
Amber Hargans
Nurse Unit Manager, Bunbury Critical Care Directorate,
WACHS South West
Submitted on 18/03/2021 at 21:58
Published on Care Opinion on 19/03/2021 at 10:10

Dear julietbj64,

Thank you sincerely for your kind feedback regarding your treatment at the Bunbury Hospital Emergency Department. I am really glad to hear that during your visit you were given options regarding your care and kept informed at all times. I will be delighted to let the team know that their caring and professional care was appreciated. I hope that you are well on the mend and will be back on your bike soon.

Warm regards,