"Treatment pre, during and post hand operation"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 2 West & Hand Clinic

My operation was cancelled several times, after attending operation appointments waiting for many hours only to have them cancelled, OR other appointments made and then cancelled (I believe the hospital was short staffed). These many cancellations caused me much frustration. This is one process that I feel can be improved.

When my operation date did finally happen, I felt from then on the care, professionalism, respect from all the staff I encountered from the first minute I arrived on that day, was 200% perfect. From the emergency dept to the ward, then the operation,  back to the ward, all the staff involved in my treatment (this involved more than 10 staff) were fantastic. I believe I could not have been cared for and treated better than the 200%.

Response from Carolyn Smith, Acting Director of Nursing, Nursing Services, (NUMs & After Hour Nurse Managers), Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital 2 weeks ago
Carolyn Smith
Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital
Submitted on 31/03/2021 at 17:00

Dear cheetahnz56,

I sincerely apologise for the cancellations of your surgery and the frustration and inconvenience this caused you. Your feedback has been provided to the Nurse Manager Perioperative Service. Although it is disappointing to hear of the delays to your surgery, I am heartened to hear the staff involved in your care rated a 200%. I will ensure the surgical teams receive your feedback.

All feedback is valuable and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Care Opinion.

All the best for your continued recovery.

Kind regards,