"ED and Registrar Review"

About: Canberra Hospital / Emergency Department Canberra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

The staff at check-in was great, fast and efficient.  I went in with a hurt elbow after falling and I was out in 3 hrs, went at a good time because when we left all waiting rooms were full.

After finding out I fractured my Radial head, I got put into a back cast and told I need to see an Orthopaedic in a week. I have called and they told me the Registrar Review has to make the appt. I've called the registrar review twice now, only to get an answering machine, with no calls back. It has been a wk now, and still no appt.

ED staff and Radiology was great but in my opinion, the Registrar review needs a review because I think they sure aren't doing their job!

Response from Care Opinion Australia last month
Submitted on 15/04/2021 at 14:05

This response has been published by Care Opinion Australia on behalf of Canberra Health Services.

Hi Pinkster,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent care and treatment at Canberra Hospital’s Emergency and Radiology Departments. It’s really pleasing to hear that you found the check-in fast and efficient. We will certainly pass on your compliments to our colleagues and staff as they do like to hear about peoples’ experience of the ED.

Following on from your issue about the Registrar Review, we are sorry to hear that you haven’t been contacted yet. We suggest the best course of action is to call the Consumer Feedback team on 5124 5932 or email healthfeedback@act.gov.au, that way your specific circumstances can be assessed and we will get your situation back on track for appropriate referral and action. All the best for your ongoing treatment and recovery.

Kind regards,