"My recent hospital stay"

About: Geraldton Hospital / Emergency Department

A big shout out to all the ambos, ED staff and General Ward staff, Drs and Surgeon, Domestics and Orderlies, Physios n OT at Geraldton Hospital. I have had occasion to avail of your services and honestly can say I would not have received better care anywhere in the world.

The cheerfulness and sympathy from all was so appreciated. I was actually sad to go home as I was being spoilt rotten. (Nothing like your own bed tho). So once again, thanks a million to all!

Response from Derek Fraser, Operations Manager Geraldton Hospital, WA Country Health Service 3 weeks ago
Derek Fraser
Operations Manager Geraldton Hospital,
WA Country Health Service
Submitted on 22/04/2021 at 19:03
Published on Care Opinion on 23/04/2021 at 09:04

Dear bargaings63,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Geraldton Hospital, I was so pleased to hear that your experience with our service was a very positive one.

We are truly grateful to have such dedicated, compassionate and knowledgeable staff across the Geraldton Health Campus who are committed to providing the highest quality care to all our patients. It was my pleasure to pass your compliment to all staff, they have asked me to pass on their appreciation for your kind words.

Wishing you good health for the future.

Kind Regards,

Derek Fraser

Operations Manager, Geraldton Hospital

Update posted by bargaings63 (the patient)

Thank you, Derek.

I feel these people go unrewarded for their dedication and in my opinion, it takes a "special" sort of person to do this job. I think more people need to show their appreciation and thanks, not abuse. It breaks my heart to hear some of the things said and done to them. Having worked in a hospital environment for many years I have seen and heard firsthand the other side of the story. So once again. Thanks to all!