"Breastfeeding Centre of WA"

About: King Edward Memorial Hospital / Breastfeeding Centre of WA

(as a service user),

After giving birth to my first child at King Edward earlier this year, I unfortunately had attachment issues when trying to feed. As a new mum it was stressful to not be able to feed properly and though I had many incredible midwives trying to assist me with feeding, sadly it was unsuccessful.

I was referred to the Breastfeeding Centre of WA at King Edward and was fortunate to be able to access the incredible service. The wonderful lactation consultant was able to offer me expert advice, reassurance and really put my mind at ease. After previously spending hours with many others trying to help me feed, within minutes the LC at the centre had my baby attached. I believe it is such an essential service for new mums to be able to access and I'm truly grateful I was able to use it while at King Edward.

I truly hope this service will still be available to mums when the new maternity hospital reopens. Thank you to my lactation consultant and the fantastic midwives.