"No contact about re-scheduled appointment"

About: Royal Perth Hospital / Orthopaedic Surgical & Trauma & Spinal Care Ward 3H/5G

Worst healthcare in my opinion.

I am treated by the immunology department and had a side effect from medicine. Due to this, I am not able to walk for last 3 months.

I was urgently referred to orthopaedic department and still waiting from 3 months to get an appointment. Every time, I call them they just say that they are super busy. I had an appointment recently but it was again cancelled by the hospital due to the lockdown. They said nobody is even allowed to visit Doctors that week and they will again re-schedule but don't know when it will be.

I feel there is no care and I feel so helpless. Still waiting for the appointment, don't know what to do. I went to GP but they said only orthopaedic department can suggest.

Response from Lesley Bennett, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group last month
Lesley Bennett
Executive Director,
Royal Perth Bentley Group
Submitted on 12/05/2021 at 10:49

Dear avocetem89,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us.

It is extremely disappointing to hear you do not appear to be gaining any answers or the high level of service that we pride ourselves on here at the Royal Perth Bentley Group. Staff are trained to check with patients to make sure they understand any information and to follow up with any changes.

Without specific details we cannot answer your query; however, I would like to invite you to contact our Outpatient Operations Manager, Kim, on 0404 844 707 so we can investigate your situation and schedule you an appointment.

I sincerely apologise that you feel so helpless and hope we can assist.

Kind Regards