"Alcohol addiction"

About: Lives Lived Well - Warwick

(as a service user),

I accessed Lives Lived Well in Warwick. After experiencing the insidiousness of alcohol, and being stuck in the cycle of addiction, I finally reached out for help.

I felt LLW in Warwick offer a non-judgemental environment and I felt the woman who helped me genuinely understood and cared.

I only attended a couple of sessions, but it was enough of a nudge for me to begin to make more conscious choices in the direction of the life that I want to create for myself.

I now understand how my neurobiology contributes to my thinking, feelings and behaviours and how at first small changes might feel uncomfortable. Still, in time, when these neural pathways strengthen, change begins to feel more natural and comfortable. I feel much more aware, empowered and in control of my life.

Response from Gerard Moloney, Lives Lived Well last week
Gerard Moloney
Lives Lived Well
Submitted on 04/05/2021 at 13:06

Hello chamaeleonmx33,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about attending Lives Lived Well's Warwick office and your experience of welcome, no judgement along with understanding and care. I will make sure staff in Warwick are aware of your comments.

Your description of a couple of sessions that nudged you in the direction of conscious choices is great and describes so well what getting support is about. This type of support enables you to make the choices to bring about changes in your life - small conscious steps that you can build on over time that lead to you feeling you have some control in your life.

I wish you all the best in the next steps on your journey.

Warm regards