"My Father was well cared for by two Hospitals"

About: Northam Health Service / Emergency Department York Health Service / Emergency Department

(as a relative),

I took my Father into York ED, with acute abdominal pain recently. I believe the York Nurses were so efficient and caring. The ETS Dr made a swift decision to transfer him to Northam.

I felt my Dad was well looked after in Northam ED and Ward, with lovely nursing care and kindness shown to both Dad and my Mum, who was very anxious. The Medical Doctor was excellent in his communication of the plan to the family. The nurses and doctor wanted to keep Dad in for observation.

My Dad deteriorated two days later and the Northam Ward team, I feel, quickly picked this up, sent Dad for a CT and he was transferred to RPH for emergency surgery to remove his gangrenous, perforated gallbladder.

My family and I can't thank the York and Northam staff enough for their professional, dedicated, thorough, inclusive and kind care.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from Trenton Greive, Operations Manager Western Wheatbelt, WA Country Health Service - Wheatbelt 6 months ago
Trenton Greive
Operations Manager Western Wheatbelt,
WA Country Health Service - Wheatbelt
Submitted on 17/05/2021 at 18:43
Published on Care Opinion on 18/05/2021 at 09:03

Dear Family123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide valuable feedback concerning your father’s recent care and treatment. I was very heartened to read that you found a high level of compassionate and quality care was maintained across your father’s patient journey from York Hospital to Northam Hospital.

I noted your father’s deterioration when admitted to Northam Ward. I was please to read that the response to his deterioration was swift and well communicated to you and your family, which resulted in his transfer to a more appropriate health care facility for his operation.

I am very proud of the staff involved and will have much pleasure to pass on your feedback to them.

I trust your father is well on the road to recovery.

Best wishes