"Staff numbers"

About: PathWest Kelmscott Collection Centre

Tried to phone to make an appointment, it went straight to answering machine. On attendance at the Kelmscott centre just before midday, I found there was only one staff member working with a queue of, I recall, fourteen clients waiting.

Understandably the centre closed for an hour for a lunch break, but I feel that there should be a way of getting an appointment online or having an additional nurse on duty.

Response from Elaine Toogood, Manager, Specimen Collection, Pre-Analytical services, PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA last week
We are preparing to make a change
Elaine Toogood
Manager, Specimen Collection, Pre-Analytical services,
PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA

Managers specimen collection processes and procedures across PathWest

Submitted on 07/10/2021 at 16:45
Published on Care Opinion on 08/10/2021 at 10:41

Dear julycs35,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience of our PathWest Kelmscott collection centre. I am sorry that you had difficulty contacting them via the telephone. We do not book appointments for pathology tests, patients are seen in order of arrival and are triaged depending on the clinical requirements. The only bookings we take are for time sensitive tests e.g. Glucose Tolerance Tests.

We generally have two staff members rostered at Kelmscott in the mornings however this morning we had one of the staff on sick leave and were unable to cover the leave at short notice. We are currently actively recruiting and onboarding staff to supplement our collection centre team.

We consistently seek feedback in an effort to improve our collection service and we appreciate you taking the time to contact us through the Care Opinion site.

Please see my contact details below if you wish to discuss further.

Elaine Toogood