Now I have my independence back

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

About: HammondCare At Home

To whom it may concern,

Up until late last year, I was a very active person. But ended up in hospital with an ailment. That took my independence away. In hospital they offered me 6 weeks help with HammondCare. At first I said no because I wanted to still be independent. But then I knew it was time not to be stubborn and admit I needed help. A staff member came to see me and was so kind, I didn’t feel useless anymore. Then I met another beautiful staff member and she made me feel like I deserved help and that I wasn’t being lazy. So now I have the most kind girls come and clean once a week. I have such a laugh and they make me feel special. Then once a fortnight I go shopping. I have no children. I have a niece and such good friends. But I always felt guilty asking for help. Now I have some independence back and it's thanks to my girls from HammondCare. I thank them all so much.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from David Martin, General Manager, HammondCare at Home

Thank you so much for your story. HammondCare is thrilled to have a care team based in Broken Hill who are local people and who love caring for local clients. I know this team is passionate about enabling clients to exercise choice and control over their lifestyle, with independence and dignity. I am so glad to hear that the help you receive from the carers has made such a meaningful difference to your life and that they help you feel valued and known. I am also glad that HammondCare has been able to help you to remain independent in your home and it is with joy that I pass on your kind words to the team in Broken Hill.

Kind regards,

David Martin

• Sorry, we dont allow voting on responses to stories written by staff