Lack of care in dementia wing

(as a service user),

About: Juniper Sarah Hardey

My mother went in to Juniper Sarah Hardy during 2017. I moved her to another facility later in the year. I found her incontinence pull ups not changed, she was sitting in faecal matter, she was dehydrated, there was no access to drinking water other than the bathrooms or outside in another wing. There was a commode placed in her room broken and dirty, the individuals were all placed in front of a TV with wheelchairs blocking an exit to the courtyard and blinds pulled down. We were locked outside on one occasion. I raised issues and got told I was inappropriate. I gave the management a 5 page letter, their response was to offer me a meeting with 4 managers. I refused based on intimidation. Moved my mother out shortly after. I felt powerless, highly distressed and extremely angry.

Response from Roley Myers, Manager Communications & Public Relations, Public Relations, Juniper

Juniper takes all allegations very seriously and promptly investigates all matters thoroughly and steps are taken to remedy issues so they do not happen again. We are distressed to hear of this situation from 2017. While Care Opinion for privacy reasons cannot share names and other information, we have checked our records and we believe Juniper has acted appropriately. Our residents’ health and wellbeing are our first priority. Juniper always offers approachable ways to make complaints where we respond actively and openly and we do not engage in intimidation. We are truly sorry that you feel this way and were unable to resolve your concerns at the time.

Roley Myers