You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

Exceptional care

About: Geraldton Hospital

During my recent second pregnancy I was very unwell and had several stays in the maternity ward at Geraldton Regional Hospital. Throughout my stays I got to know many midwives and nurses and was overwhelmed with the level of support and care I received. By the time my baby was ready to make their appearance, I had many familiar faces on the ward, which helped to ease any worries I had about the birth. During the whole experience I was shown exceptional care and compassion, I was thoroughly impressed with the skill level of everyone who assisted me and the length they went to ensure my comfort. In particular midwives Brooke, Erin and Sophie impressed me and made a difficult experience not so bad, including Brooke following up to ensure I was given the right special diet meals. It was noticed by myself and several family members the level of dedication Brooke shows to her work and her patients, always taking the time to ensure I was feeling okay physically and mentally even during very busy periods. I never felt like a hassle, and nothing was too much to ask of her. During my Caesarian, Brooke knew I had concerns and helped me work through these. Brooke also knew that I felt more comfortable when I knew all the information, and talked me through every step of the operation and what would happen next- even giving warning when I would feel something cold etc. This Caesarian experience was 100% better than my previous, and I feel this was due to the care and assistance I received.

Response from Jeffrey Calver, Regional Director, Executive Services, WACHS- Midwest

Dear uniformmcg84

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Patient Opinion, I appreciate this likely a busy time for you and your family and I would like to say congratulations on the arrival of your little one.

Bringing a child into this world can be an exciting and overwhelming experience and having supportive, knowledgeable people around to help and guide you can make a world of difference. The Maternity team at Geraldton Hospital are acknowledged regularly on Patient Opinion for the support, dedication and care they show to all their mums, babies and families. I will take great pride in passing your compliment on to the maternity ward team with a special mention to Brooke, Erin and Sophie for making you feel so comfortable and well looked after during your time with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I trust you are recovering well and enjoying this time with your family.

Warm Regards,