You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

Emergency admission to SCGH

(as a relative),

About: Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital

My brother-in-law was recently transferred to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH) from Joondalup Hospital during the early hours of the morning. On arrival at SCGH there was initially no bed and he was held in the ambulance for a short time before being admitted to the ED. He was later admitted to a ward. During his admission he was greeted by medical and nursing staff, all of whom were very friendly and informative about what was going to happen to him during his admission.

Response from Janet Zagari, A/Executive Director, Sir Charles Gairdner Osborne Park Health Care Group

Dear sister-inlaw

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. I am very sorry that there was some delay transferring your brother-in-law into the Emergency Department when he first arrived; this can sometimes occur when the department is full and we do everything we can to make sure patients are moved into the ED as soon as possible. I am sorry if the delay caused you or your brother-in-law any distress.

It was very pleasing however to read of the support and care you received from the medical and nursing staff and I know that they will be thrilled to read your kind words. I will ensure your story is shared with them also.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that you have recovered well.

Janet Zagari