Exceptional care and treatment of my in the Coronary Care Unit

(as a friend),

About: Royal Perth Hospital / Emergency Department

My elderly friend was admitted to the Emergency Dept (ED)  transported by ambulance following a visit & assessment to their GP. There was grave concern as they had a high pulse rate, combined with a severe infection and having had open heart surgery a few years ago.

Following prompt assessment by doctors & staff  in ED, my friend was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) under the exceptional  care  & expertise of Prof Carl & his team, where they were diagnosed with multiple medical concerns.

I had many conversations (by phone & in person) with staff in the CCU & really I simply cannot commend these wonderful people sufficiently enough. It was a joy for me to interact with  such professional staff & further my friend was totally overcome by the wonderful care they received during their time in the Unit, leading to a remarkable & fast recovery.

Each & every staff member was wonderful, however, I would like to make special mention of Enab whom I had many conversations with. What an asset to RPH,  a beautiful soul inside & out. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Finally, I was there during part of the discharge process with the social worker Mo, who was simply exceptional in terms of the time , patience & detail extended to a patient.

To conclude a wonderful journey/experience Peter (Porter) was there to assist us with equipment and the RN, Felix, who accompanied us to our car. I cannot thank each & everyone of the staff sufficiently who were involved in caring for my friend  for their dedication  & success with a rapid & wonderful return to health.

Response from Dori Lombardi, Director of Nursing, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear plutony33,

It is heart-warming to read your very detailed feedback and praise of our staff. We love to hear and share stories about how amazing our staff are. It takes a collaborative team effort to provide consistent, high quality care and we are very fortunate to have the dedicated teams that we do. I will ensure that your feedback is passed along to them. You may also be interested to know that this kind of detailed feedback on individual staff will be considered as a nomination in our staff recognition program, the Above and Beyond Awards. I am very happy to hear that your friend made a rapid return to health.

Doris Lombardi