Paperwork for prescription

(as a parent/guardian),

About: Karratha Health Campus

My child is a regular patient that receives a routine prescription for medication every six months.

The routine July appointment was cancelled on day of appointment, with a commitment from administrative officer to reschedule as soon as possible. To date no appointment has been provided despite calling every week. Latest feedback from administration officer is no appointments available until next year and they can’t book that far ahead. The prescription runs out within a month.

Require paperwork completed by paediatrician for NDIS assessment. The plan was for this to be done at July appointment as NDIS required within 1 month. When appointment was cancelled, paperwork was emailed through. Follow up emails in August and September. After discussion with administration officer re-emailed to generic email so others could access, was subsequently advised it had been printed and given to Paediatrician to sign. Two subsequent follow-ups over the next fortnight before it was completed, and NDIS expiry date extended before paperwork could be obtained.

Doctor

Staff attitude

Staff attitude

Waiting Time

Waiting time

Response from Matthew Ravenscroft, Operations Manager, West Pilbara, WA Country Health Service (WACHS) Pilbara

Dear cruxxh49,

Thank you for sharing your story on Patient Opinion. I am very sorry to hear about your experience in dealings with the Outpatient Department at the Karratha Health Campus.

I would like to apologise for the cancellation of your child’s July appointment and delays in rescheduling this to another date, and the delay in receiving the paperwork required for your child’s NDIS assessment.

Can I ask that you contact me directly so I can look at this matter further, including allowing my team to provide you with the paperwork signed by the WACHS Paediatrician? I can be contacted via email on WACHS-Pilbara.Feedback@health.wa.gov.au or on telephone number 9144 7630.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us, your further contact will assist us to deliver the best care in the best possible way.

Regards,