Kalgoorlie Hospital ED

About: Kalgoorlie Health Campus / Emergency Department

I went into the ED for a minor issue that still needed medical intervention. I was a bit anxious because sometimes going in for minor issues you can feel you are wasting staff time.

I did not feel that way at all though and I had such beautiful care. The nurse and doctor were so kind, caring and efficient and made me feel so at ease. The doctor, Jess, made me feel completely at ease. It was my first experience needing the hospital in Kalgoorlie and I wouldn’t hesitate to go again if I was in need.

Response from David Bowdidge, Operations Manager, WACHS - Goldfields

Dear Patient92,

The Emergency Department is there for when you need it. Whilst it’s true that people with less serious concerns can wait longer because of our priority triage system, the ED will see everyone who attends and you should never feel anxious about presenting with an injury or illness if it is a concern to you. I am glad you were able to feel at ease. I will pass on your feedback to the medical and nursing staff and I am sure they will appreciate it.

Thank you again for taking the time to compliment the Hospital on Patient Opinion.

David Bowdidge