"Follow up Care by ALO"

About: Bunbury Hospital

(as a carer),

I just wanted to put in feedback regarding the follow-up calls I receive after any member of my family visits ED or is admitted to Bunbury Regional Hospital.

We have been discharged from a different hospital many times over the last 18 years and once you're home things get a bit quiet, no follow up until you attend clinic.

Life changes when you have a child with a life-threatening illness, you lose touch with friends, you stop getting invited to things and because we post so much about our lives on Social Media, there's very little support in the home even by phone calls these days. So it is really nice to receive that call from our BRHS ALOs asking us how our ED visit went, or time in the Paeds ward.

It's just nice to be able to vent and it really is a lovely feeling knowing that someone cares enough to call us and see how we're going.

Usually my feedback is great, but sometimes I may be a little upset or need to vent a little.

So thank you for providing this service.

Response from Lucy Murphy, A/Director Nursing & Midwifery, Bunbury Hospital, WACHS - South West 2 weeks ago
Lucy Murphy
A/Director Nursing & Midwifery, Bunbury Hospital,
WACHS - South West
Submitted on 06/01/2021 at 13:54

Dear aquilakj34,

Thank you so much for providing such lovely feedback on the Aboriginal Liaison service here at Bunbury Hospital. It is really good to hear that the follow up phone calls are appreciated and helpful. The ALO team are a key group within Bunbury Hospital and I will ensure that they receive your feedback. From time to time it is good to vent and we are privileged to have such a professional and caring ALO service here.

Kind Regards

Lucy Murphy

A/Director of Nursing and Midwifery Bunbury Hospital.