Whether you have written many responses or this is your first, a little inspiration can be just what you need.
Here at Care Opinion, we see many a great number of responses written with compassion and empathy across a range of topics and we want to share them with you.
On this page, you will find stories that have received an exemplar in the below stories widget. We have also compiled lists of high quality responses under a number of categories. So if you are finding writing a response according to a specific clinical need, or aspect of writing (such as the apology, invitation to make contact offline etc.) a little tricky, please click on the relevant link below published responses to inspire you!
Simply use our 'EAC' approach when using these responses.
Explore wording and approaches other responding staff have taken
Adapt sentences and paragraphs so suit the story you are responding to
Connect with the storyteller using compassion, personalisation and active listening.
A few tips to keep in mind:
* A compassionate response is better than a quick one
* People can spot a response written in a hurry, while frustrated or without consideration
* If you wouldn't say the words to a person's face, avoid writing it in your response.
* Stories and responses are conversations in writing so relax your tone and don't be afraid to let them hear the person behind the post.
* Above all, don't forget what narrative feedback is about - connection building, service recovery and humanising the feedback process!